Modularization is a technique in which software system is divided into multiple discrete and independent modules, which are expected to be capable of carrying out task(s) independently. These modules may work as basic constructs for the entire software. Designers tend to design modules such that they can be executed and/or compiled separately and independently. Modular design unintentionally follows the rules of ‘divide and conquer’ problem-solving strategy this is because there are many other benefits attached with the modular design of a software.
Advantage of modularization:
- Smaller components are easier to maintain
- Program can be divided based on functional aspects
- Desired level of abstraction ca n be brought in the program
- Components with high cohesion can be re-used again.
- Concurrent execution can be made possible
- Desired from security aspect